- Use non-sulphate shampoo & conditioner – helps extensions to last longer
- Use a tangle teezer – helps to detangle & is very gentle
Use Equave detangler/leave in conditioner for detangling/maintaining extensions
Come for maintenance every 4-6 weeks
Washing and styling
- Try to wash your hair as infrequently as possible when you have extensions in to reduce product build-up.
- Brush your hair with your tangle teezer to make sure your hair is tangle free. Do NOT brush your hair when wet – let it dry naturally or blow dry first
- When you wash your hair, avoid putting product on the areas where the extensions are applied as excessive product may cause the extensions to loosen and fall out and cause product build-up.
- Lift up each section of hair and get your fingers between the rows of extensions – rinse between those sections thoroughly.
- Avoid spraying styling product directly onto the areas where the extensions are applied to avoid product build-up.
- When blow drying/styling – be gentle around the areas where the extensions are applied.
- If your hair extensions is human hair, you can wash, style, apply heat etc as you would human hair. If synthetic extensions, please follow the supplier’s instructions.
Do I need to do anything to my hair before sleeping?
- Brush your hair with your tangle teezer to make sure your hair is tangle free.
- Either braid your hair into 2 braids (one on either side) if you want soft waves, or tie your hair into 2 pig tails, or wrap your hair with a headscarf before sleeping to reduce tangling.
- For the first/second night after first application of your extensions and each maintenance, you may experience mild discomfort when sleeping – you may feel a bit of tightness/tension. By the second/third night latest you should not feel any discomfort.
- If there’s still discomfort after the second night, please contact us to discuss whether your weave should be loosened or removed. You may have a very sensitive scalp, in which case loosening the extensions may be best, although by doing this, you may need to come to get your extensions maintained earlier than the suggested 4-6 weeks.
- Roll a small towel and rest your head on it to reduce the pressure on your scalp
- Rinse for 5 minutes before 1st shampoo
- Lighten hair at least 2 days before KS
- Darken hair at least 2 days after KS
- Come for monthly boosts to help KS last longer & keep hair in best possible condition
- Use KS shampoo & conditioner
- Protect hair from salt water, chlorine & excessive sun exposure (all these elements can strip hair of KS treatment faster)
- You MUST use non-sulphate, colour safe shampoo & conditioner eg Neal & Wolf Intensive Range
- DO NOT WASH YOUR HAIR WITHIN 48 HOURS – please let the colour settle
- Protect hair from salt water, chlorine & excessive sun exposure (all these elements can strip hair of colour faster)
HAIR LOSS SOLUTIONS (WIGS/HAIR PIECES)
- Use non-sulphate shampoo & conditioner and tangle teezer
- Use warm water only NEVER hot water to wash
- Be very gentle, particularly around the base of the piece where the knots are located when washing, styling, brushing etc. Wash as infrequently as possible (once a week is fine)
- If using glue application, have glue available for touch-ups at home
- Protect hair from salt water, chlorine & excessive sun exposure – these can all affect hair condition & can make piece shed faster
- Let piece dry naturally wherever possible or use low to medium heat, never high heat. Note: lifestyle choices, hormonal changes, climate changes can all affect how long the piece stays on
- Never sleep with combs, clips in place – this can lead to traction alopecia
- Protect hair when sleeping if it is a fixed piece (braid or wrap hair to prevent tangling). Read also hair extensions advice above, particularly if your hair loss solution involves hair extensions